We all want to be liked, cherished, and appreciated. But what if I told you that God could care less about these things? What if I told you that God didn’t care how many Facebook friends you have, or how many people follow you on Twitter?
What if I told you that God isn’t worried about how popular you are? In fact, what if i told you that the purpose of The Gospel isn’t to fit in at all, but to in fact, stand out…
Romans 12:2 - “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind…”
In today’s self-seeking world, being “liked,” and “wanted” is something we all yearn for. And whether we want to admit it or not, It’s what our culture forces us to feel, and not to mention it’s how our culture advertises us to feel.
The World Says:
1. “Failure is not an option.”
2. “If you are not first, you are last.”
3. “If you’re not somebody, you’re nobody.”
But when we begin to look into the depth of scripture, none of those things are actually true.
God has called us to be different. To stand against the grain. To walk in light amidst a world full of darkness. And to be the change for a world that lacks HOPE.
Jesus said, ” If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world does not understand you.” (John 15:18-19)
Realizing you don’t fit in is a good thing. You weren’t made to fit in. You were made to fulfill your calling in Christ. You were made to fit out.
Stand tall. Press on.
- Jarrid Wilson // @JarridWilson
Note from Matt:
Jarrid is the real deal. I first met Jarrid when I asked him to do me a favor. The favor was ministry related and so he committed to helping out before even knowing how detailed the favor would be. I think the world needs more people like Jarrid and I am thankful to be ministering alongside Jarrid to a hurting world that needs hope. This is just the first installment of many future guest blogs from Jarrid and I hope that you will keep up with Jarrid on twitter and any other social media site you can find him on. Thankful for people like Jarrid who remind me that we don’t have to go through life alone…
- whattheywrote reblogged this from jarridwilson
- ohlikewoahh likes this
- themomentofsilence reblogged this from letgodwork
- themomentofsilence likes this
- romans12v2 likes this
- heyyitzzsteph likes this
- rejoicecrew likes this
- aworldofgosepel reblogged this from deeepinmythoughts
- aworldofgosepel likes this
- purpleleopardundies reblogged this from deeepinmythoughts
- musingsanddaydreams likes this
- deeepinmythoughts reblogged this from jarridwilson
- ourhopeisintheunseen likes this
- hapy2be likes this
- jarridwilson reblogged this from letgodwork
- letgodwork posted this